Computer problems or issues? On-site Service at $70 for half hour | $99 per Hour
Call 1-800-944-5413 | 240-247-7923
Hi, we’re UrGeeks. We’re here to help.
Choose a Topic Below
Speed Up Slow Computer
All computers over time will get slower and slower and also starts to hang. This is because they tend to gather junk and unwanted programs. Now a days web-sites are usually dynamic and needs more resources. We will uninstall any unused computer programs and clear out temporary files.
We can remove extra toolbars and widgets that are just slowing down your computer. We will check your start-up items and tune-up your computer to ensure it is as lean as possible. We will also check your the processing power and the installed memory and if needed we would suggest the required upgrades.
Data Recovery is the process of salvaging data from damaged, failed, corrupted, or inaccessible secondary storage media when it cannot be accessed normally. Often the data are being salvaged from storage media such as internal or external hard disk drives, solid-state drives (SSD), USB flash drive, storage tapes. Recovery may be required due to physical damage to the storage device or logical damage to the file system that prevents it from being mounted by the host operating system.
The most common “Data Recovery” scenario involves an operating system (OS) failure, s a disk-level failure, such as a compromised file system or disk partition, or a hard disk failure or files have been “deleted” from a storage medium. In any of these cases, the data cannot be easily read. Depending on the situation, solutions involve repairing the file system, partition table or master boot record, or hard disk recovery techniques ranging from software-based recovery of corrupted data, hardware-software based recovery of damaged service areas to hardware replacement on a physically damaged disk. If hard disk recovery is necessary, the disk itself has typically failed permanently, and the focus is rather on a one-time recovery, salvaging whatever data can be read. in which case the goal is simply to copy all wanted files to another disk.
We also know that how important your data is to you. Whether you’ve mistakenly deleted an important document, or your hard drive has failed, our skilled technicians can assist you in getting your data back. UrGeeks can recover data from almost any media. Multiple recovery options are available, ranging from software utilities for corrupted operating systems and virus/spyware attacks, to clean-room recovery for mechanical failures.
Is it a struggle to get the simplest tasks done? It can be frustrating working on a computer and not knowing what buttons to push. Are things not working as smoothly as they used to? Everyone seems to enjoy using computer and get things done. Why waste hours of your valuable time trying to teach yourself something about a Windows or Mac program when UrGeeks can help you to make progress right now?
You are going to love being more confident and productive in your projects… and you can actually enjoy working on your computer. The Urgeeks on-site professionals is a dependable resource with over 15 years experience training people on both Mac and PC hardware and software. We will help you understand your computer in a simple and easy manner.
UrGeeks provides personalized training and troubleshooting at your home or office.
- Get started with your new computer
- Maximize your use of email
- Send, save, or download file attachments or pictures
- Use the Internet efficiently
- Learn Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook
- Set up mail merges, create labels, memos and flyers
- Enhance your knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook
Make a list of things you want to learn or just ask for general computer training and we will have an on-site professional to teach and help you get better acquainted with your computer and teach you how to get the tasks you want done,
UrGeeks On-Site Professionals will assist you in setup any of the services listed below. We have the experience creating accounts and setting up the peripherals.
- Skype Setup – Skype Make internet calls for free and cheap online calls to phones and mobiles with. It is a service that allows users to communicate with peers by voice using a microphone, video by using a webcam, and instant messaging over the Internet. Phone calls may be placed to recipients on the traditional telephone networks. Calls to other users within the Skype service are free of charge, while calls to landline telephones and mobile phones are charged via a debit-based user account system. Skype has also become popular for its additional features, including file transfer, and videoconferencing. UrGeeks on-site professional will help and guide you through in setting up your Skype account and configuring the peripherals to suite your needs
- Social Media Setup – Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and many other. Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and/or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. Social media technologies take on many different forms including magazines, Internet forums, weblogs, social blogs, social networks, podcasts, photographs or pictures, video, rating and social bookmarking. Technologies include: blogs, picture-sharing, wall-postings, music-sharing to name a few.
- Email Setup – UrGeeks on-site professional will help and guide you through in setting up your account
- Media Center Setup – This includes software and folders for television shows, photography, music, movies and any other media folders you may desire,
- Game Center Setup – We can take the hassle out of you having to sit through tutorials! We can setup a game center whether your preference is an Apple or PC and you start playing your favorite games in minutes.
- Web TV Setup – Once you have established an account, we can easily setup your WebTV account using your ISP.
- Digital Camera Setup and Training – Many businesses are now shooting their own products and creating very professional photography using digital cameras. Geeks On Call can setup and train employees to take product photos to save your company money.
- MP3 Setup and Training – UrGeeks can set up your computer to enable you to download MP3 files or to download and transfer MP3 files to other devices.
- Universal Remote Setup – All jokes about technology aside, setting up the Universal Remote can be a bit tricky, especially in a residence situation with different applications. UrGeeks on-site professionals are able to train any member of your household how to program the universal remote.
- Video to DVD Transfer – UrGeeks can arrange to have your treasured videos transferred to DVD’s. Please call us and we can easily quote a price for this service dependent on the number of videos and the quality.
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) – This technology enables the user to use the internet to call all over the world at very low or no rates. UrGeeks can setup VOIP on your computer.